What is SEO?
SEO is an abbreviation used for Search Engine Optimization. SEO is basically used to bring relevant audiences to your website and engage them with your content. This is one of the supreme reasons why a website ranks on Search Engine’s Result Pages (also known as SERP) like Google, Bing, Yahoo etc.
SEO is majorly involved in increasing the quality of your website, which has a great significance in maintaining the quality of the traffic on the website. SEO is a process where we can organically rank our website on Result Page.
The better visibility your pages have in a search result page, the more likely you're to garner interest and entice potential and existing clients on your business.
What are the types of SEO?
There are two types of SEO:
What is On Page SEO?
On Page SEO is all about to display search engines like Google, Yahoo or Bing that your net pages are applicable. On Page SEO gives more than one gear that assists you to ensure that serps will pick your web pages. On Page SEO, further has its various categories like:
- Keywords: Appropriate usage of the right keywords give a huge impact in the ranking of the website. Also, the repetition of the keywords owes a negative impact on the website and results in declination of the ranking.
- Meta Title: So one can seize attention of the reader consisting of keywords and also use an accurate title for the web page as people seek the results they want using a keyword or set of keywords.
- Meta Description: By posting brief and informative meta descriptions continually assist in building believe and make the web page clutch organic site visitors.
- Heading Tags: Heading Tags play a vital role in engaging the customers organically to the website, bring more traffic and it becomes easier for the readers also to understand and get clarity on the topic.
- Schema Tags: With Schema Tags it becomes easier to index the content and also becomes more presentable and catchy.
- Image Tags and Optimization: If the images in the web page have a proper alt tag present then the text version of the page allows it to load faster and gain a better ranking.
- Website Loading Time: If the website loading time is less than five seconds, the organic traffic driving to the website is retainable and gets a suitable rank on the SERP as well.
- Canonical Tags: To gain higher rank with numerous advantages use the perfect canonical url and avoid the number of duplicate or identical pages and highlight an appropriate one.
- URL Structure: Using a structured URL or commonly known as website address makes it easier for the search engine to locate you and give you the better rank on the search engine’s result page.
- Content: This aspect plays a crucial role in On Page SEO. The content and the information written on the website should be relevant and authentic.
- Mobile Friendliness: Since mobiles are the most used gadget in the present era, so the website should be mobile friendly otherwise the visitors will lose interest.
- Duplicate Content: As mentioned above, the content should be authentic (it should not be copied from any other website). If the content is not unique the respective search engine will never grow the rank of the website with duplicate content.
- Internal Linking: Internal Linking in the website helps users as well as the search engine to crawl the website easily. It also satisfies the need for search engine’s ranking.
What is Off Page SEO?
Off Page SEO refers to the technique followed to take action outside of our own website to impact the ranking of Search Engine Result Page (SERP). These techniques include link buildings, brand building, citation building, social media, content marketing etc.
Off Page, basically includes promotion of the website across all the internet channels. Optimization of Off Page techniques are listed below:
- Link Building: By mentioning your website’s link to other websites of the same niche as yours for building trust for the brand.
- Image/Document/Video Submission: By submitting images, videos or any document to other submitting websites.
- Blog Commenting: By commenting on blogs within the same niche and mentioning your web address in that.
- Social Bookmarking: By submitting your latest blogs posts, and web pages to the most popular social bookmarking websites like Reddit, Digg, StumbleUpon etc.
- Local Business: Get yourself listed on local business websites/directories. You can get your business registered on websites like: Google My Business, Google Maps, Local Business Directories, Yellow Pages etc. Always try to list your business in local directories rather than getting them listed on global directories.
- Q/A Submissions: Answering relevant questions on various websites like Quora, Answer.com, yahoo.com, answerbag.com etc. increases the chance of driving traffic to your website.
- Guest Posting: By guest posting activity you can publish relevant content to someone else’s website of the same niche and target your audience.
- Email Marketing: Email is a great way to target your audience and grab their interest. All you need for email marketing is to get email addresses of the target customers by email campaigns, contact forms or signup letters.
- Social Media Promotion: Social Media Promotion is the best way to promote your content because Social Media is the best platform to gain attention of your target audience as it is more engaging than any other platform.
All though, Onpage and Off page SEO, matters equally in SEO, but it is always hard to get good results in Off page SEO. Also, because it is a more time taking process.